Tuesday 23 January 2018

Braunston's iron bridges

Braunston's iron bridges
January 2018


My ongoing exploration of Horsley Ironworks bridges took me to Braunston this week, a location where two iron arches span the junction joined by a short brick linking bridge.



This is an unusual configuration and one which I found challenging to photograph well. I started in Midland Chandlers car park but the side on view into the light really didn't work.



Then the heavens beamed on me and the pall of grey cloud blew away and by the time we had walked round via the main road bridge we were graced by a low January sun and clear blue sky.



Enough said about the bridges - I will let the photos speak for themselves and reveal why these two identical arches are among the waterways most iconic structures.


No comments: