Wednesday 11 September 2019

Approaching 1m page views

Landmark One Million page views approaching
September 2019

It's had to believe that the Captain Ahab Blogsite is about to reach its 1 millionth page view.

To be honest, I don't keep a very close eye on viewing numbers but I have been aware that we are closing on on the magic one million for a few months, and at current rates it will be reached in early October.

Now, I am not such a sad man that I am going to sit on my stats page and watch the counter reach the magic number, but then again I will be keeping an eye on it to get a screen shot soon after it is passed.

Here is where we stand at present;


I am delighted that my watery ramblings have reached such a wide audience over the years since I started blogging in 2004. You can see from my posting lists that entries go back to my earliest days of boating in the early 1970's, this is only courtesy of the ability to back date posts - the internet didn't exist then!

So thank you readers, those of you who have been on the journey since the start 15 years ago, and those who have found me more recently either via my blog or my Canal Hunter videos. 

Lots of people ask "why Captain Ahab". Maybe I will do a post on that subject sometime soon.

It a sobering thought to think just how many hours have been wasted on my watery witterings!

No comments: