Sunday 25 April 2010

Vale Royal - Weaver Navigation

Vale Royal
Weaver Navigation
Easter 2010 - part 8
8th April 2010

I woke early this morning, aware that a frigid draft was playing across my toes which were poking out of the duvet.

A bleary eyed squint at the air vent above was enough to tell me that the first light of a new day was upon us, but that the sun had yet to rise fully. These early morning moments sometimes offer particularly good photo opportunities so I crawled out of my pit and emerged onto the stern armed with my trusty Canon.

Misty Morning on the Weaver Navigation

The night had been clear, which resulted in a sharp frost, coating everything in sparkling white and causing the surface of the water to be covered in wraiths of mist. The sight over to the arched wier was sublime and offered what was undoubtedly the best photo of the whole trip.

It seems a shame to detract from this image so I will restrict this post to the scheme that confronted me.



The reflected sky over the Weaver - before the volcano stopped all air traffic.

I think that this has to go down as one of my all time favourite moorings, one to be used if you ever find yourself spending a night on the top pound of the Weaver Navigation.



Flushed with the success of my photographic expedition I slipped back into my still warm bed and went to sleep for another two hours. It was a holiday after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just can't beat the Vale Royal moorings. Great photos - enjoy the rest of your sojourn there.

Sue, Indigo Dream