Wednesday 20 June 2012

Oh the Gall of it!

Hospital calling...

Oh the joy of forward dated blog posts. You could be forgiven for picturing us out on the cut but the only cut I will see today is somewhat different.

I fear that today is something of a reality check. Remember those gall stones I mentioned? Well, by opting for a very low fat diet I have kept the pain at bay but gradually, over the last few weeks, the nagging pain has become a constant companion.

In the end I gave up, saw my GP and was promptly referred for a scan. Yup - gall stones. Three of them varying in size from 12mm to 20mm and not about to disappear on their own.

Care of my work BUPA cover an early date for surgery was agreed - today in fact.

So I am off to Little Aston Hospital for surgery. Four incisions, one night in hospital and two week convalescence. Can't grumble though - its all very quick and I will be as right as rain in time for out two week trip in late August (destination uncertain but probably including the Avon and Gloucester Sharpness chasing the wild plum harvest).




Wild Side Preserves gift pack - £15 including postage and packaging


Hopefully I will be up and about on light duties, ready to man the Wild Side Preserves stall at the Chesterfield Canal festival on 30th / 31st June - see you there?

7 comments:

seadog said...

Sorry to hear of your medical problem.Hope all goes well.Will leave some reading matter for convalecence next time we are on the boat.Best wishes.Chris and Marilyn.Nebulae.

Pete said...

Look after yourself Cap'n and rest well

Regards

Pete

Nick Holt said...

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Captain...

Anonymous said...

Hope it all goes well with your operation - I'm sure you'll feel much better for getting rid of the stones.

Too many dramas here for us to make it up to Chesterfield but I hope that the preserves well well.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Andy Tidy said...

Thanks for all your good wishes. I ended up as a day case and limped home yesterday evening minus a gall bladder but plus what look like six large anaseed balls in a plastic pot! Its all a bit sore and I cant bend much but I am doing OK thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens you didn't fall foul of the doctor's strike!

Get well soon...

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Ian and Karen said...

Hope all goes well, and you're soon able to be boating again. Take care.