We left the Bradley Line with a look at the Wednesbury Oak Loop and its straightening known as the Rotten Brunt Line. This late change to the BCN was accompanied by the 1849 construction of a further eastward link down to the Walsall Canal.
The 1849 extension to the older Bradley Hall Branch
This line was die straight dropping down through a flight of locks to meet up with an earlier arm to Bradley Hall Colliery, which comprised the lower three locks of this route.
The remains on the ground are still very visible. The junction stand out in an area of open space, jutting out at right angle from the canal embankment and then stepping down the hill in a series of unmistakable sequence of slopes and plateaus. The lock chambers would appear to be buried, easily reinstatable if one ever had the urge to do so.
Rolling terraces of Bradley Locks