Wednesday 29 February 2012

Yarwood on show

Yarwood on Show
February 2012

I have to admit that I was just a teensy weensy bit jealous when I realised that Adam Porter had visited Lesley and Joe aboard their new boat Yarwood before me!



I have spent the last six months watching Yarwood coming together, right from the initial pots of paint, through the metal fabrication and finally the long weeks of the internal fit out, and I have been really looking forward to seeing the finished article. 



Well, Leslie and Joe arrived in Birmingham yesterday aboard their shiny new craft and I wasted no time taking a long lunch hour to go and pay homage myself. Let me tell you - she is a cracker. Based on a Yarwood style hull its a liveaboard tug with every inch planned and executed to perfection. At first glance the long tug deck appeared to be a concede a huge amount of living space but a full tour revealed just how ingeniously it has all been planned. No space is wasted and somehow they have combined a boat which is drop bead gorgeous in the water but still 100% functional inside. A neat trick indeed.



But don't think I am merely bedazzled by the boat, Leslie and Joe are a great couple and deserve every inch of this floating work of art. If you are out on the Fens this summer and you see the low lines of a purposeful looking tug coming towards you, give them a wave.


3 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

Yarwood says 'Thanks Andy' and Lesley and Joe likewise... Good to see you again.
Lesley

Anonymous said...

"low lines of a purposeful looking tug coming towards you"

I am sure that certain cruisers on the Fens have absolutely nothing to fear from Yarwood.

Richard ID

Halfie said...

... drool ...