Friday 24 December 2010

2010 Top 10 - No 8 Marple Aqueduct

2010 Top 10 - Number 8
Marple Aqueduct
Peak Forest Canal
22nd December 2010

My memory number eight is of scrabbling round the foundations of the Marple Aqueduct.



The morning happened to be my 49th birthday, but I had completely forgotten about it till is was half way down the valley side and my mobile rang - three times. My family all seemed to decide simultaneously to call and sing happy birthday to me in this precarious position.

It was fine still spring morning and  had a whale of a time out there on my lonesome, with Jeff still asleep in the boat. Getting a decent photograph is nigh on impossible, but this structure is best viewed from below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good Christmas and here's wishing you a fab new year.

Marple Aqueduct is one of our all time favourite spots - though we've only seen the view looking down!

Sue, Indigo Dream