Sunday 22 August 2010

Abingdon

Abingdon
2nd August 2010

I cast curious eyes at Abingdon last time I passed this way six years ago on nb Honey, wanting to stop but not having the time. I was determined not to miss the opportunity this time and invested a couple of hours having a look round what is billed as the oldest town in England.

Belle and I were up and out by 9.00am, leaving Jeff and the Northern Priders to their slumbers.

It was a glorious morning and we could so easily have spent a lot more time in town, but we saw what we could and I had a bit of a photo fest.

As with Banbury, I will let the photos speak for themselves.

Abingdon bridge

This model girl I happened to marry

Abingdon Old Abbey and Church

Throwing Buns bakery

County Hall Museum

Ornate light under the museum

No comments: